SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT (SLA)
At Mosaic Data Services, we have built our Service Level Agreement around five core components which we are committed to providing to every Customer and Partner – Reliability, Security, Performance, Service and Communication.
Last Revision: 25-Aug-2019
Mosaic Service Level Agreement (SLA)
At Mosaic Data Services (MDS), we built our Service Level Agreement around the following five core components which we are committed to providing to every Customer and Partner. They are:
Each of these components is a pillar upon which we are building our business and every day we will work to ensure we have met or exceeded your expectations in each of these areas.
In the event that any of our hardware fails, the faulty hardware will be replaced within one business day of identifying the problem. In the event that the hardware failure results in an unscheduled outage, MDS will use its best effort to replace the faulty hardware within four (4) hours of identifying the problem. This would not include any time required to perform software related maintenance, including rebuilding accounts from backups, cloning hard drives, reloading the operating system, reloading and configuring applications, or rebuilding raid arrays.
Network Up-time Commitment
Mosaic strives to maintain a 100% network and server up-time service level. This up-time percentage is a monthly figure, and is calculated solely by Mosaic monitoring systems or Mosaic authorized/contracted outside monitoring services. If Mosaic fails to meet its 100% up-time guarantee, and it is not due to one of the exceptions below, credits will be made available to each client, upon request, on a case by case basis. Mosaic does not credit a full month’s service for minor downtime. This would not be financially healthy for Mosaic, and in turn would only negatively affect the service level Mosaic provides to you. “Partial refunds for partial downtime” is our standard policy. In extreme circumstances, Mosaic may distribute full month credits, but this is dealt with on a case by case basis. Credits are issued for one month’s service only, never more.
Exceptions: Customer shall not receive any credits under these Terms of Service in connection with any failure or deficiency of the Mosaic network caused by or associated with:
- Circumstances beyond reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of any governmental body, war, insurrection, sabotage, embargo, “Acts of God” (i.e. fire, flood, earthquake, tornado, etc.), strike or other labor disturbance, interruption of or delay in transportation, unavailability of or interruption or delay in telecommunications or third party services, failure of third party software or inability to obtain raw materials, supplies, or power used in or equipment needed for provision of the Service Level Agreement.
- Telco Failure (i.e. Verizon™ cutting a fiber line somewhere).
- Backbone peering point issues (i.e. UUNet™ having a router go down in Virginia that wipes out internet service for the entire East Coast).
- Scheduled maintenance for hardware/software upgrades.
- Hardware failure (faulty hardware is rare, but cannot be predicted nor avoided). Mosaic utilizes only name brand hardware of the highest quality and performance.
- Software bugs/flaws (Exploits and bugs may develop that cause security issues or downtime).
- DNS issues not within the direct control of Mosaic.
- Network floods, hacks, attacks from outside parties or individuals.
- Failure or error of any Mosaic monitoring or measurement system.
- Client’s acts or omissions, including without limitation, any negligence, willful misconduct, or use of Mosaic service(s) in breach of Mosaic Policy and Service Guidelines (AUP), by Client or others authorized by Client.
MDS customers are covered by our 1 hour initial response time commitment. This means that during normal business hours, when you submit a trouble ticket via our Help Desk system, you are guaranteed a response from a Support Rep within sixty minutes. See the attached Response and Resolution Times matrix for a full break down.
Scheduled Maintenance & Notification Policy
In the event that Scheduled Maintenance is required, MDS will provide all Customers who may be affected by the maintenance with no less than 72 hours’ notice via email and will provide a link to a thread where our Staff will post information related to the Schedule Maintenance throughout the maintenance window. Customers are not eligible for compensation during Scheduled Maintenance.
Unscheduled Outages & Notification Policy
In the event of an unscheduled event resulting in an outage, MDS will notify all affected Customers via email within one (1) hour from the time the scope has been determined. This notification email will include a link to our Support system where subsequent notices will be posted throughout the remediation process.
Network SLA Exclusions
Many possible situations are completely beyond the control of MDS, and therefore are not in the scope of this SLA. They include:
- Scheduled Network Maintenance – occasionally network maintenance will be required. MDS will do everything possible to minimize and avoid downtime during this maintenance. You will receive prior notification of upcoming maintenance at the email address we have on file. Scheduled maintenance periods are not eligible for SLA credits.
- Scheduled Hardware Maintenance – on rare occasions, the hardware in your Server may need maintenance or replacement. MDS will do everything possible to minimize any downtime in these situations per our hardware replacement SLA. Any downtime incurred as a result of this maintenance will not be counted towards our network SLA.
- Scheduled Software Maintenance – an important part of managing a server is keeping the software up to date. If you choose to have MDS manage your server, occasional software updates will be required to address security or performance issues. Usually you will experience little or no downtime in these situations, but we cannot guarantee a specific amount of time in all situations.
- Malicious Attacks – If a third party not associated with MDS initiates a “Denial of Service” or other form of disabling attack against your server or major portions of our network, MDS will do everything in its power to stop the attack, but cannot guarantee a resolution time.
- Software/ Related Performance Issues – MDS will install, configure, monitor and periodically update specific OS software on the server and updates will be configured to run automatically. In the event there is an issue with an update, we will work to resolve the issue, however any other software or performance issues related to the software on the server will not be considered in the scope of this SLA and MDS will bill the Customer in advance for any time spent resolving the non-covered issue(s).
- DNS Issues / Routing Issues – If the Customer is not using the MDS Name Servers for their DNS and there is an issue related to the routing of a domain, the resolution of the issue will not be covered by this SLA and MDS may bill the Customer in advance for any time spent resolving the non-covered issue(s).
- Natural Disasters – If there is a natural disaster that directly or indirectly affects our ability to provide service, MDS will do everything in its power to resume service, but cannot guarantee a resolution time.
Network SLA Remedy
In the event that MDS does not meet this SLA, Clients will become eligible to request compensation for downtime. Whether MDS is or is not directly responsible for causing the downtime, the customer will be eligible to receive a credit for 8 times the actual amount of downtime. This means that if your server is unreachable for 1 hour (beyond the 0.1% allowed), you will receive a credit for 8 hours.
All requests for compensation must be received in writing or via email within five (5) business days of the incident in question. The amount of compensation may not exceed the customer’s monthly recurring charge. This SLA does not apply to any Customer who is in breach of MDS Acceptable Use Policy or any Customer with a past due balance.
Mosaic Data Services Business / Service Hours:
|ONLINE / REMOTE SUPPORT AVAILABLE 24x7x365|
|NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS:||9:00am – 5pm M – F|
|AFTER HOURS / WEEKENDS:||5:00pm – 9:00am M – F, Weekends|
|HOLIDAYS / EMERGENCIES:||All Federal Holidays & Emergencies|
|* Emergencies are events that require a response outside of MDS’s normal SLA|
How to Report a Problem or Service Issue:
You can report a problem or open a ticket with our 24×7 EPIC Support team by emailing the issue to our Help Desk.
It is the Customer’s responsibility to open a ticket using the proper channels. In the event the Customer does not open a support ticket using the proper channels, the issue will not be covered by this Service Level Agreement.
|SEVERITY||PRIORITY||Response Time during Normal Business Hours||Response Time After Business Hours||Resolution Time||Escalation threshold (in hours)|
|Urgent: Server / Site / Network unavailable or down. (Complete loss of connectivity, hardware or software. All users affected)||1||Within 1 hour||Within 1 hour||ASAP||1 hour|
|Elevated: Limited loss of service. (Limited loss of access or logical services. Business process can continue).||2||Within 1 hour||Best Effort ASAP, Next Business Day at the latest.||Within 8 hours, same business day if possible.||4 hours|
|Normal: no service loss, isolated issue or problem (Business process can continue, one user affected, problem is not affecting other users or services).||3||Within 1 hour||Best Effort ASAP, Next Business Day at the latest.||Best Effort ASAP, Next Business Day at the latest.||4 hours|
|Routine / Scheduled Maintenance||4||As Scheduled|
Priority 1 Situations:
Server Down – Unable to connect/access website or server Site Down – Web site reported down or unable to access Network Down – Unable to ping or connect to server Email Down – Unable to access mail server.
Priority 2 Situations:
Unable to access logical service (FTP, Email) Server Running Firewall blocking a single IP Address Backup / File restoration.
Priority 3 Situations:
New account setup or DNS Configuration cPanel / Hsphere issues Create new domain or domain alias Outlook connectivity Quota Exceeded / Not reporting correct.
Priority 4 Situations:
Server updates / patching Configuration updates Account migrations.
In the event the Customer does not open a ticket using the proper channels listed above, the issue will not be covered by this Service Level Agreement.